Foot blisters and peeling skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Foot blisters and peeling skin

I took Diovan back in February of 2010 and got blisters on the side of my foot. They dry up and have small scabs, but blisters keep coming back. I have tried every OTC cream there is. Anti-fungal,  cortisone, anti bacterial and anti viral. Even where the skin has "healed" it still is red.  At times they itch, but I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet so don't feel what most people would feel. A friend thought it might be shingles, but even shingles will run its course and go away.
I cannot confirm a diagnosis without examination, but it can be foot blisters or fibromas.

When a foot is hot and sweaty, the sock sticks to the foot. The sock and foot then rub against each other and the inside of the shoe causing blisters to appear. Plantar fibromas are firm, nodular masses which occur as a single mass or in clusters on the arches of the foot.

Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible. Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks will increase your chance of developing blisters. So change socks regularly.
And use foot powder to help keep your feet dry. If the blisters still persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist/podiatrist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.