Forearm Skin Tearing and Bruising
I am a 58-year old white female from Texas. The skin on my forearms tears and bruises very easily. The tears bleed profusely and develop thick scabs and large bruises. They are unsightly and heal slowly. I have had blood testing and appear to have no strange illness. The skin on the rest of my body does NOT do this. My dermatologist recommended vitamin C serum to improve my skin and vitamin K cream to help the bruises. He also prescribed ammonium lactate lotion for my dry skin. I have used these creams for several months with little result.The vitamin K cream does seem to help the bruises fade faster. Is there anything else I can do to prevent this problem?
Were you by any chance in the armed services?
I have the same problem with tearing and bruising..... If there's an answer I sure would like to hear about it..... btw what has the armed services got to do with it.....