Forehead Bumps (Red, non-itchy)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Forehead Bumps (Red, non-itchy)

4013947?1235201084
Hi again, I had a thread earlier in which I received much valuable input, but I wanted to elaborate on my symptoms in addition to the attached photo. The physician said it may be atopic dermatitis, but there was no itch (not much anyway). Anyway, additional information and symptoms: I was sweating profusely, more than I ever have before. The red bumps went away around 24 hours after I cooled down. I don't recall much flaking, but perhaps a very little and only after the red bumps went away (still very little). It only affected my forehead, but I couldn't see my scalp, obviously. I am concerned this could be seb derm, although after looking it up, I don't think so. I was very much dehydrated from the previous night out and profusely sweating from extreme humidity the following morning when I noticed it. Could this be my sweat glands? I have flushing of the face fairly easily and thought it could be rosacea, but it was very acute and although some bumps remained, the red bumps went away as I stated previously. After rehydrating and resting I mostly returned to normal within a day. Just some skin colored small bumps that are slowly going away (taking a couple of months). I have been scouring the internet periodically for similar issues that others have had and oddly enough, one of the things that pops up is HIV, which scares the **** out of me and seb derm is associated to early symptoms (from what some websites show). That has me on the edge of my seat, although from what I've seen, just doesn't fit the description completely, maybe only partially?

Anyway, thanks in advance for another evaluation in light of more data.

Four differentials are coming to my mind after reading your symptoms.It can be seborrheic dermatitis,sweat dermatitis,rosacea or sebaceous hyperplasia. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist,then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Thank you Dr. I don't think it is seborrheic dermatitis, I had no flaking and it went away pretty fast, plus it was only on the forehead, just red bumps. I am leaning toward sweat dermatitis, can you provide any more details of what that encompasses? I lean this way because I was sweating profusely at the time and after I cooled down and stopped sweating, it mostly cleared up just leaving behind some very small skin colored bumps that are now going away, but never flaked.

Thank you for your valuable input.