Forehead Swelling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Forehead Swelling

Hi 3 months ago in early june my forehead became really swollen and it will not go away.
The swelling starts between my eyes and above the browline, it finishes just above the crease along the middle of the forehead.
I have been suffering from pressure between my eyes since this happened, it is at its worst when I am concentrating.
The pressure goes away in the evening and when I wake up but once I'm up the pressure comes back.
You can see a disclouration line all around the swelling and the worst of the swelling is directly between and just above the eyebrows.
I have been to a ear nose and throat + allergy departments and the only conclusion they come up with is angioedema but they cannot understand why the swelling has stayed the same size over the last 3 months.
I have tried steriod cream, daktacort cream, allergy tablets (50mg), sudafed and nothing has remotely touched it.
This is now affecting my personal life, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
One of the possibilities for your symptoms can be chronic sinus congestion. Chronic sinusitis begins with an inflammation of the mucous membranes in your sinuses — the air-filled passages around your nose and throat. The inflammation causes fluid buildup eventually plugging the sinus cavity and preventing normal mucus drainage. Worse symptoms in the morning because mucus has been collecting and draining all night.

If you have chronic sinusitis then it can lead to continuous production of mucus and less drainage.Transillumination test and X-Ray or CT sinuses can help in diagnosing it.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello thank you for your response....
I have been to the ear nose and throat and they say it is not sinus related....
I have been prescribed "transexamic Acid 500mg" from the allergy dept but this seems to be doing nothing.....
Over the last week we have tried massaging and ice packs but they seem to only make it worse...
Could this be a fluid build up or tissue damage....are you aware of anything that can reduce swelling apart from the meds already mentioned....
I can't really ask my doctor because everytime I see him and mention something he tells me No then tells me he does not know what it is and sends me elsewhere where I have to wait on average 6 weeks for an appointment.

have you tried an anti inflammatory cream or pill? like sodium diclofenac or ibuprofen? to try along the anti inflammatory route?