Foreskin cut by wife's nail during intercourse

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

It has been been 5 days since my injury. My wife's finger nail grazed my penis durning intercourse and slightly cut some of the underside of the foreskin. (meaning you can only see the tear/cut when the foreskin is pulled back). I have been applying neosporin and periodically taking Tylenol for the periodic discomfort. I am curious if their are bett treatment options and or how long I should expect this to heal?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello!
From your description it seems that the tear is a small one. You have been applying Neosporin locally so it should heal. Refrain from sex till it heals completely. It should heal completely within a week. If the symptoms are severe it is best to consult a doctor. I would recommend that you allow your doctor to assess the situation in order to reassure you. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!
Thank you for your help! It looks to be healed but I'm gonna give it another day or so to be sure.