Dermatology Expert Forum
Freckles & large Brown Spots on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Freckles & large Brown Spots on Penis

Hi Dr. Rockoff,

I've had a certain condition for a long time now.  I have many dark brown spots under the uncircumcised skin area of the penis.  It is in various spots around that uncircumcised area and is located all around the uncircumcised portion.  Some of the spots are darker than others (some are even transparent).  One particular spot is 1.5cm in diameter and the rest are around .5cm across.
Just to give you a better visual, at a normal state, the spots are not visible until the skin is pulled back.

I'm positive its not STD because I'm not sexually active.  Roughly two years ago, I developed freckle-like spots on the testicle sack.  There are a lot of them.  They are small and concentrated around one area.  On the shaft, there are a few small freckle-like spots as well.  They are all dark brown and just darker than the surrounding skin in color.

Just an FYI, I'm Asian.

I haven't had been examined about this yet.  They don't seem to be lesions, but very horrible dark discoloration and freckle-like spots.  I'm more worried about the outcome of the diagnosis (like skin cancer or disease).  I'm willing to show you the pictures of the pigmentations of the skin if you allow it (through email or this forum).

Thank You for your help.
From your description, I am very confident that you don't have any disease at all, just pigmentation.  There may be nothing worth doing about it, but it's worth your while to see a skin doctor as soon as you can, just so you can stop worrying about it.  That's what I encourage you to do.  This can't be diagnosed effectively via the internet.

Take care,

Dr. Rockoff
I forgot to note that I'm 23 years old.
A related discussion, i got same thing was started.
Alright, im 19 , white and i noticed brown spots on my head and shaft of my penis. im not sexually active nor have done any sexual activities. what should i do?