Freckles or Warts?
Hello...23/white male...I recently noticed about 3 or 4 dark spots (less than 1 mm in diameter) on both my scrotum and penis (about 2 inches down from the head) that resemble freckles.  They are dark to medium dark brown, flat and do not burn, itch or anything.  I am not doubting the fact that they have always been there, however I have noticed them more in the past 1-2 months.  I know of one or two freckles (much lighter in color) that have always been there, but the other 2 or 3 seem to be more prominent since I started checking.  

About 1 year ago I had unprotected sex with a girl who I know and have talked to about the possibility of std's...she claims she has no std's.  6 months after our encounters, I was treated (doxycycline) for a clear sticky discharge from my penis.  Almost like semen.  Numerous tests before treatment came back negative for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis and mycoplasma/ureaplasma.  I was diagnosed with prostatitis by a urologist, however my gp seems to think that was not the case called it non-specific urethritis.  Symptoms have gone away for the most part...however these spots are starting to worry me.  I also have a very very small (barely visible) papule-looking growth on my penis...however I do have folliculitis in certain areas as is.  

My questions are as follows:

1.  Could these freckles really be warts...Is is possible to mistake a wart for a freckle?
2.  Could the barely visible growth (gp called it an aggravated oil/skin gland) be a wart?  And will it ever go away?
3.  It has been 1 year since having sex with this woman...Assuming these are not warts, can I call myself safe from developing them?  

Thanks in advance for you help...I appreciate it...  

Freckles are small tan spots of melanin on the skin of people with fair complexions and develop over sun-exposed surfaces, particularly the cheeks and nose. Excessive build-up of melanin in one place will result in freckles. The location of your lesions may rule this condition from the differentials.

On the other hand, genital warts is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection caused by the human papillomavirus. It is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex with an infected partner.  They often occur in clusters and can be very tiny or can spread into large masses in the genital or penis area. Once cells are invaded by the virus, a latency period of months to years may occur. HPV can last for several years without a symptom. They may disappear without treatment, but sometimes eventually develop a fleshy, small raised growth. Although treatments can remove the warts, they do not remove the virus, so warts can recur after treatment.

It would be best to have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper diagnosis. Take care and keep us posted.