Friction Burn?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Friction Burn?

I recently started seeing a girl and we have had unprotected sex for a while. The first time was fine but after a couple more times I have noticed small bumps appearing on the top of my shaft with a sort of scab forming over them. There are three of them sort of in a row, red around them but a sort of brown/clear scab on top, which hurt a little when touched. I was very worried it was herpes (or even syphilis!) when i noticed them but now i'm not so sure. There is no discharge or anything else, and the first couple of days after we last had sex my penis just looked red and was a little tender. It is quite rough sex we are having so I assume they are friction burns. However I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms and if there is any cream/lube, etc that could help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
For chafing, wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers