Frustrated with chronic boils(carbuncles)
Hello!  I am a 46 year old woman that's 60 pounds overweight.  My menstruation stopped last year,  so I believe I'm in menopause.  I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis a few years ago.  I recently was in the hospital due to a colitis flare up and my boils were inflamed.  I was placed on a high dose IV antibiotic and steroids for the inflammation.  I've been dealing with boils for at least 7 years. They are located near the vaginal/groin area with open boils that run multiple trails like a drug addict's track marks.   I've been living on antibiotics for the past two. I am currently on Flagyl.  I've been on Minocyn, Bactrum, and Clindymycin.  Soak in Epsons 3 to 5 days a week.  Used drawing salve to help draw out the infection even though they are draining.  They itch when they are seeping which is usually either a clear fluid, blood or pus.  They're is also a foul odor.  I even went to the health food store and I'm taking 3 high dose vitamins a day,  probiotics,  and fish oil, plus  Asacol for the colitis.  The doctor has to watch what is prescribed for the boils cause it tends to cause colitis flare ups and the culture that was done at the doctors shows resistance to quite a few antibiotics.    I can't exercise because that causes discomfort.  Trying to delete sugar from my diet.  The skin doctor said there is nothing more she can do.  I have no insurance.   She wants me to go to Cleveland Clinic for a lazer treatment that she says may or my not help and the procedure is very uncomfortable.  My daughter who'se 21 is getting them also.  I am majorly depressed.  Can u give me some advise on what I should do?
Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.
Recurrent boils are found in diabetes, HIV infection, or other immune system disorders. So please get your blood sugar and immune system evaluated.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep us posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.