Dermatology Expert Forum
Fungal Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Fungal Rash

I wrote in before about having a fungal rash diagnosis for my groin fold area. After using Loprox and having some success (it went away for a while)however, then fungal rash came back again (same place groin folds and anus to scrotum.  You had suggested the red line was a raphe (anus to scrotum).  Although my dermatologist confirmed the raphe, he did say it looked like the fungal rash was back and had spread.  I have a few questions:  First, is reoccurence of fungal rashes very common ? Second how long could/will it take to be completely eradicted (days, weeks, months ?) ? Third do fungal rashes take on the appearance of stretch mark looking things in th egroin folds ? Last my current prescription to attack the rash is a cream called LidaMantel HC (lidocaine HCI 3%, Hydeocortisone Acetate 0.5 % then it says in an acid mantle vehicle.)  I have been working out or playing basketball, which also seems to aggravate it.  I have an HIV test 5 months ago and it was negative as were all other STD's.  I am extremely frustrated by the constant reoccurence and tonight after playing basketball I saw a few red bumps in the groin fold area as well.  

P.S Would oatmeal baths hurt or help this fungal condition.  I know these are a lot of questions but as a frequent user I hope you can afford some time to answer them all.

thank you.

1. Yes.
2. Weeks, perhaps 2-3.
3. No--they look like a brownish stain that starts in the fold and spreads down onto the thighs.

Lida Mantle with hydrocortisone is not a cream for fungus--it's for itching and eczema, and the hydrocortisone would make fungus grow.

I think you have chafing, not fungus.  Ask the dermatologist how sure he or she is about the diagnosis, and why the LidaMantle for a fungus.

I think you have recurrent chafing, not recurrent fungus, which if true would make you worry a lot less.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Avatar n tn
ok i calling out for help i all ready spent $200 at grady memoriel hospt and they sent me to gradys std clinic they tested me for hiv and sphliss and then told me that i did not have a std it was a fungal rash and told me to get some lotrimin cream this was may4 it cleared up on the may9 and now is back to day on the may13 i all ready missed work last week and im only a temp and to day at work i had to fill my boxer briefs up with paper towel i need help i all most cried when i came home from work and got in the shower i just cant handle this any more i need help im crying out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my rash it looks like i have strech marks all over my penis and it seem like i have hair bumps under my skin and the line down my genitels red and i have like hair bumps on my genitels and it weeps all over i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, Skin Fungus? was started.
A related discussion, Fungal Rash? was started.
A related discussion, Reoccurent fungal rashes was started.
A related discussion, groin skin rashes was started.