Fungus along ring finger?
A few months ago I noticed what initially seemed like dry skin all along my index finger on my left hand. I used lotion, thinking it was a dry skin problem (i'd been scratching it), and that would make it not itch for some time, but the cracked, dry skin would always return. The problem has persisted for some time and I suspect its not dry skin, but fungus, as it seems to be spreading to the area at the base of my pinky and middle fingers as well.

The fungus creates a cracked skin, scaly like surface, which you can see in the image link here: http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz300/sobre_2010/P1030657.jpg

Any thoughts on OTC meds I might be able to take to make this go away or would I need some sort of prescription?

Thanks for any insight.
The symptoms are suggestive of contact dermatitis and eczema. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Wash your hands with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.