Fungus on beard!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Fungus on beard!

a few months ago I don't know how I caught some mysterious fungi that infested my beard. it's invisible but it burns and it's pretty annoying. it is also making psoriasis flare up on it.

I had a sample of skin tested and they found Acremonium sp.

doctor doesn't want to give me systemic treatment for it, they gave me Pevaryl "econazolo nitrato" but doesn't seem to be much effective.

I had managed to get rid of it mixing some home remedies but didn't remove it completely and when it grew back I couldn't repeat the same "wonder" !  maybe there was something I did that I didn't notice or I keep getting it from clothes and towels?

how can it be transmitted? I suspect I got it in a public garden or maybe from fleas that jumped from our cat on my beard.
Tags: fungus, beard, Psoriasis, cats, acremonium