Fungus on hands and feet!
This summer I had little red bumps under the skin on my hands and feet,  My feet were so bad that I could not walk for 3 days,  I went to emerg where they diagnosed me with having an allergic reaction and sent me home.  Now its sept. and I have water blisters on my hands and feet and my nails are falling off  so I went to the doctors today and was diagnosed with hand and foot fungus!   I now have to take a drug and I have to get tested for liver problems while on it and am extremly worried!   Could this have been prevented if I had the proper diagnosis? My friend also had this and she was told by her doctor that it was a viral infection going around???  I have 2 small kids and am wondering if fugus is contagious???

This discussion is related to Hand Rash, Foot Rash, Eczema or something more serious?.

It is possible that you may have had an allergic reaction previously and are now having a fungal infection. This is because of the fact that allergic reactions are much more frequent than fungal infections.

Fungal infections is contagious and spreads from used articles, such as footwear and clothes.

It is therefore best that you protect your children from these articles, while at the same time, providing them care such that if the fungus does reach them, it s unable to infect there tender skin.

Hope this helped. let me know if you may need any more information.

best regards
Thank you so much for you info, I will be taking the care to make sure my children are protected.  I was wondering about when I bath them our wash the dishes, should I be wearing gloves???