Dermatology Community
Funny Brown Spots on my Ankles...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Funny Brown Spots on my Ankles...

I have funny brown freckles all over my ankles, well just above the ankle bones. They don't go very far up my leg, certainly not quite half-way up my calf. I also scar remarkably easily on my feet. I live in Florida, so my ankles usually get bitten by ants and mosquitoes, but I find that these bites scar the tops of my feet and my ankles. The scars are dark brown, or a sort of grayish color. My skin is dry on my legs, but not flaky or scaly at all.

I once spoke to someone who said that such spotting could be an early sign of lupus, which of course concerns me. I also have an eye condition, uveitus, that is beings tested to see if it is linked to lupus as we can find no cause for it. Not sure if that has any bearing on the case.

Anyway, I am growing concerned about how easily my feet and ankles scar and what these funny brown freckle-like spots mean.