General itching, slight redness, burning face
Hello there!
I was wondering if someone could help me here. Last Christmas, I had a nasty case of the hives. It lasted about a week, although thankfully I did not experience much itching. Anyway to the point, since then I have had an increasing appearance of red skin. It seems very light, but red enough to show a difference between my normal skin colour (this appears mostly on my arms, knees, feet, face, neck, chest). On top of this I have general itching, every day! I am also experiencing burning/itching/tightening sensation around my face. I am also getting this random rash, in the same place on my right forearm, appear every now and then and last only about an hour. It is very prickly, and light purple.
I have been to the doctor, and he did not want to send me for tests, but told me to take anti-histamine. Fair enough, but this does not relieve my mind. I want to know if it is an allergy, or something else? I have asthma, and eczema. The latter appeared on my hand and elbow last October. So this skin problem is all new to me. But I have not been allergic to foods- ever. Is it possible to develop an allergy later on in life?
I am very confused. They do not seem like hives. Like I said it is slight redness and general itching. The burning face is horrible as well.

I am 18 years of age, male. I am healthy, although I do suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have read that there is a correlation between rashes, itching and anxiety. Do my symptoms match those of anxiety rashes etc?

Please help..... ideas?