Dermatology Expert Forum
Genital Inflammation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Genital Inflammation
For the last week or so the area between my right leg and scrotum has been inflamed. The area is red and raised a couple of centimeters. I began applying tea tree oil hoping that it was just a mild skin irritation. A week has gone by and the area is still there and now is beginning to itch more and more. My problem right now is that I just moved here to New York and have no medical coverage, therefore going to a doctor is out of the question. Is there anything you can suggest I do before I am covered under a medical plan?
David:

Sure: go to the drugstore and get three things: Lotrimin cream, 1% hydrocortisone cream, and baby powder.  Apply the first in the morning after showering, followed by the powder; then apply the second in the evening before bedtime and powder again.  Try that for two weeks.  If it hasn't helped, try then to see a doctor.  And good luck finding work.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, vaginal inflamatin and pain was started.