Dermatology Expert Forum
Genital Skin Tag?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Genital Skin Tag?

About a week ago, I noticed a small (per 1/4 inch) growth in my groin area. It was sort of pointy in nature. the base was dark and the top was reddish in color. It is very uncomfortable because it gets irritated when I walk. My own research suggests that it is some sort of genital skin tag, but I'm not sure. Most of the pictures I have seen of genital skin tags seem a bit different. Should I be concerned? Should I have it removed? Will it go away?

1760976_tn?1315414082
Dear Mark61360,

Thanks for writing in.

From your description, this could either be a skin tag/achrochordon or a wart. Both have a similar presentation but can be easily distinguished by an expert.

It would be great if you can share a picture so that I am in a better position to help you. I shall then suggest the best way forward.

Regarding the queries of treatment and whether it would go away, these can be addressed only when we definitively know what the exact problem is.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Gaurang Krishna
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank