When I was 17, I contracted what was then called Condyloma or genital warts. I immediately contacted a gynecologist and she removed them via "freezing my cervix" crytology I think was the term although it was a long time ago. I had no recurrence after that whatsoever. Now I am 35, I have been married 10 years and have not had sex with anyone but my husband. Last week I found a small growth on my vagina which looked suspicious. I went in to my obgyn and she confirmed it was a wart.
I guess my question here is....is there any chance this is a recurrence of my virus from 16 yrs ago?? I am left assuming my husband must be having or have had an affair but I want to have my medical facts confirmed before I confront him. Because I was "wart free" for 7 years before I married him, he does not know about my previous virus. Help!
Please, please do not accuse your husband of having an affair on the basis of this diagnosis. Warts can recur many years later all by themselves--on the hands, the genitls, or anywhere else. There is simply no way to say whether it's the "same" wart or not. If your husband had warts, they would be on the shaft of the penis, and you both could see them. My advice is to just treat the wart and get on with things. If your husband asks questions, you can answer truthfully about your past history, but really, it doesn't matter.
LukeL 91% of people with HPV clear forever within 2 years, the other 9% do have some reoccurance but this usually subsides after five years, this according to Dr. Handsfield, not sure what your point is.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.