Dermatology Expert Forum
Genital bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Genital bumps

About 3 months ago, i noticed extremely small bumps in my genital area.  They are less than 1/2 millimeter (some smaller).  They'll appear one day, and are gone within 3-4 days.  They are skin colored, and are almost unnoticeable.  I'll generally have between 1 and 15 of them at any time.  They don't appear in the same spots once they go away.  I have noticed them on the scrotum, lower shaft of the penis, and a small few in the area between the scrotum and anus.  There is no pain, and no itching.  I did constult a doctor, worried that it was HPV (My ex-wife had HPV, but it had been in remission for 3 years before i knew her, all the way through our relationship).  The doctor said it was not HPV, but was not sure what it could be.  He seemed reasonably sure it was just a normal "skin problem" and suggested i ignore it unless it got worse.

I am however worried about it, and would greatly appreciate your opinion.

Thank you!
Bumps that small which come and go can't possibly be warts, herpes, or anything else serious.  To be absolutley sure, you'll need to show them to a doctor when they're present.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Hi I also have the bumps but they are present all the time and are really small and skin colored, I dont think they are any kind of disease, they are only in spots where hair grows so I am thinking it may be something normal but im not sure, they never itch , burn or get irritated and I have never had any sexual contact so it couldnt be a std, I have had physicals before and the doctor hasnt said anythgin about the bumps so I assume its just soemthing normal, also I have two small bumps (bigger than the ones on my genitals, but not real big) and I have no idea what they are, they never itch get irritated or burn, the bumps are not hard at all like a wart and just feel like extra skin that is in 2 bumps, so I was wondering if you have any ideas on what it could be and note that I have never had sexual contact with anyone, thank you
1 have got them to,they  seem to spread but they dont hurt and they only appear at each hair follicle.
I have the same thing.

I was wondering if theres any treatment to get rid of them? They worry me a bit and have to avoid some sexual contact because of them.