Dermatology Expert Forum
Genital bumps
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Genital bumps

About 3 months ago, i noticed extremely small bumps in my genital area.  They are less than 1/2 millimeter (some smaller).  They'll appear one day, and are gone within 3-4 days.  They are skin colored, and are almost unnoticeable.  I'll generally have between 1 and 15 of them at any time.  They don't appear in the same spots once they go away.  I have noticed them on the scrotum, lower shaft of the penis, and a small few in the area between the scrotum and anus.  There is no pain, and no itching.  I did constult a doctor, worried that it was HPV (My ex-wife had HPV, but it had been in remission for 3 years before i knew her, all the way through our relationship).  The doctor said it was not HPV, but was not sure what it could be.  He seemed reasonably sure it was just a normal "skin problem" and suggested i ignore it unless it got worse.

I am however worried about it, and would greatly appreciate your opinion.

Thank you!
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Bumps that small which come and go can't possibly be warts, herpes, or anything else serious.  To be absolutley sure, you'll need to show them to a doctor when they're present.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
4 Comments
Blank
Hi I also have the bumps but they are present all the time and are really small and skin colored, I dont think they are any kind of disease, they are only in spots where hair grows so I am thinking it may be something normal but im not sure, they never itch , burn or get irritated and I have never had any sexual contact so it couldnt be a std, I have had physicals before and the doctor hasnt said anythgin about the bumps so I assume its just soemthing normal, also I have two small bumps (bigger than the ones on my genitals, but not real big) and I have no idea what they are, they never itch get irritated or burn, the bumps are not hard at all like a wart and just feel like extra skin that is in 2 bumps, so I was wondering if you have any ideas on what it could be and note that I have never had sexual contact with anyone, thank you
Blank
1 have got them to,they  seem to spread but they dont hurt and they only appear at each hair follicle.
Blank
I have the same thing.

I was wondering if theres any treatment to get rid of them? They worry me a bit and have to avoid some sexual contact because of them.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker