Genital itching
For the longest time, I've had what appears to be a ring of swollen skin around the base of my penis.
The entire area is incredibly itchy at least a few times per day, and excessive scratching leads to cuts and more pain.
I've been to one doctor about it and he had no idea what it was.

So I'm asking for help here.
Has anyone else ever experienced something similar?
And how do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
From the symptoms ,it sounds like jock itch. Jock itch shows up in post-adolescent men and hormonal changes during puberty,lifestyle and heredity each play a role.Predisposing fungal disease like tines cruris may also aggravate it.

Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp skin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels.

Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.