Glans Atrophy?
Hi, I have been using corticosteroids for a balonopositits. My doctor prescribes me Hydrocortisone 1% but after 2 months of using it and doesnt work I began to use instead betamethasone 0.05% two times/day about a month but just on my prepuce because I read medical reports about the effective use of betamethasone for phimosis.

When I began with hydrocortisone I noticed my glans smaller and crumpled but I thought that was my mind because I've suffer with this two years so Ive had many psycological problems. I used it 2 times/day 2 months (maybe 3) on all my glans and my prepuce. Later I used betamethasone which apparently worked. Recently my dermatologist told me that betamethasone (and I read all corticosteroids) could produce me a glans atrophy, but he seemingly did not notice it maybe because I told him after the clinical examination.

Could I have a corticosteroids induced glans atrophy? Could be glans atrophy not evident? Would I have to have any evident syntom? My doctor should have noticed? How long using corticosteroids you need for a glans atrophy? Maybe is it just my mind? If I have, is it a treatment or cure?, Im still seeing my glans smaller but normal in erection, please somebody help me. Thanks
From the symptoms, it does not look like glans atrophy because steroid induced atrophy of the glans is associated with thinning, redness and telangiectasia of the skin. I however advice you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and slowly taper off the steroids.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.