Dermatology Expert Forum
Glans Skin infection

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Glans Skin infection

I'am a 35 yrs old guy unmarried and also did not have any sexual relation at all with a girl. around 8 yrs back by watching a late night x rated movie, I was so exited that while sleeping afterwords, i rubbed my penis in direct contact against my bed (strange it may seems).next day in late morning, I started getting itching, burning and pain on my glans (glands) and i rushed to doctor in the evening. I was given antibiotics capsules and a cream and was ok. but after that, whenever i masturbated, I started having irritation,pain and itching and have to rush to doctor for medicines and then everything gets ok within  10 days. this is happening for over 8 yrs now and whenever i mastubate,by next day, the symptops develop which starts with some itching and slowing i find my glans (glands) skin becoming a bit dark.I have shown to around 5-6 doctors and almost all doctors prescribe antifungals, antibiotics,antiallergic capsules and creams and they call this balanopostitis .Before the incident my glans (glands) skin looks good(smooth and evenly spread) but iam aware that after the incident, it has burrows(scratches) on it and i think when i masturbate even very slowly, the burrows catch up infection. I mustarbate not by touching the glans (glands) but by holding the base and i still do not figure out why i catch up infection.Now i know that after masturbation i will be develping such symptons and since i loose concentration on everthing else like my work.I myself take medicines like antifungal(flucanazole), antibiotic(doxcycline or ofloaxin), and ciclopirox olamine & fluocinolone acetonide  cream  and i usually find relief. My masturbation frequency has become once in two months for some yrs now since i know i will have to go thru all this  infection.
I do  not know what will happen after marriage.Will i get same infection after sex.Is there any way of making my glans (glands) skin as it was earlier before the incident. i.e free of any burrows/bruishes ? some skin replacement etc. is it dermatitis ?
Sir:

There is no disease I know of that gives such symptoms.  I very much doubt that you have a fungal infection, or any infection (or abnormality) at all.  I think that because you are anxious and convinced there is something seriously wrong with you, you are looking at your penis very closely and seeing "burrows" and other minor changes that have no significance at all.  If you ever want to have a normal sexual relationship, you owe it to yourself to get an accurate diagnosis from a skin doctor and then to take whatever psychological steps you need to get over your anxiety.  8 years is far too long.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, glans (glands) papules ??!! was started.