Glycolic Acid Cream Damage...
There was a time when I used many creams including resurfacing creams and retinol's/retonoid's (Retin A) and my skin fully absorbed these and the effects lasted up 24 hours in which my skin was very toned , smooth , eye's were large and I had very high cheekbones. However!... I purchased an glycolic cream 20% with Vitamin E to replace the Retin A  however I didn't like the anti-aging effects and returned to Retin A since then my skin hasn't be able to absorb any creams and if it does, the effect last up to 30 mins and it will return to it's normal state. Anything I used on my skin will no longer work , many peers believe its primarily due to skin dehyrdation however my skin doesn't show any signs of dehydration rather it appears more dull and any anti-aging creams including Retin A doesn't work . I have attempted to repair the damage with TCA Peels , Retin A Gels and Dermarollers , none which have repaired the damage from Glycolic Acid Cream 20%. I have no idea how to repair this problem and I have attempted on leaving my skin alone for a month and that hasn't even repaired the problem .

Bottom Line : How do I enable my skin to return to it's normal state so it can absorb creams with effect's lasting up to 24 hour's . Thank you.
You should not use Retin A without medical guidance as it has plenty of side effects. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.