Glycolic acid damage to face
I've been seeking similar experiences on the web which has brought me here. I too have experienced dramatic changes to my skin's appearance due to continued use of glycolic acid. I've reviewed the answers given here and I have to say I disagree completely with the general notion that glycolic acid has too superficial an effect to cause permanent damage, that the "lines" users were seeing were simply dryness, etc. I've long ceased treatment, since my skin's condition kept worsening. I'd say I've used a solution between 6-12%, depending on what my pharmacist recommended, for approx. three years. It was the only thing that cleared out my hormonal acne, but it wasn't a year before I started noticing worrying reactions. I remember this vividly. My skin looked like its been "pulled", and any muscle contraction made tiny lines appear. It then became thinner, dry, and eventually wrinkled and loose. Every worried visit to the pharmacist was met with a dismissive sneer, and I was left completely helpless and frustrated. I am until this very day, because my skin has not regained any of its properties. I'm only 31. My skin looks way older. My face is covered in a network of super fine lines which make my skin resemble brushed metal. Also, more pronounced wrinkles became deeper and harsher. Has anyone ever come across a case like mine? Nothing I've tried has helped regain elasticity or plumpness of any level. Please help.

This discussion is related to Permanent damage from glycolic acid?.
Glycolic acid can cause dermatitis skin but it is less likely to cause wrinkling as it is used as treatment option for wrinkling. The most important treatment of skin wrinkling is avoiding the sun and using sunscreens with minimum spf of 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. Other treatment methods include prescription acid creams or peels, stronger retinoids such as Retin A, Botox( botulinum toxin) ,non invasive or carbon dioxide laser and a surgical facelift.

You can consult your dermatologist and decide the best treatment for you.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.