Dermatology Expert Forum
Going insane... red bumps on penis head...WHAT IS IT?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Hello, and let me first thank you having this service. I am 28 male and have never been diagnosed with anything.  I have had sex without protection and get checked at least once a year.

This past Saturday (08/07) after having sex several times the night before, I noticed some small red spots on the head of the penis.  They do not itch or hurt, but are just there. Also noticed that there is a slight unpleasant smell present.  It is Monday (08/09) and they now seem to be going away.   I also just noticed that there are two red spots on my pubic area (to the right) where 1 is a little white on top.  I also notice a few (3-4) almost unnoticeable red spots on the testicles.

What do you think this is?  To help narrow your analysis, I have taken pictures of it today (08/09) which you may view by going to the URL below.

http://69.136.137.32/bumpsonorgan/

I'm going crazy doing research on the web, which seems to all be pointing to Herpes. Please help.

Thank you.
I can't access your pictures.

The rash does not sound like herpes--it came on too quickly after the sex, and is appearing in different places--penis, scrotum, pubic area, etc.

I think this is irritation from sex and sweating.  Apply 1% hydrocortisone twice a day, keep the area dry, don't rub or closely examine the rash, and make an appointment for a doctor to see it.  Bring your pictures along if the rash isn't there anymore.

And consider practicing safe sex all the time.  Good protection against herpes.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
am an 18 yr old male and i am goin insane lookin 4 answers to my questions,. i need help and fast. i dont know what is going on with me . i have had little red bumps on the head of my penis for a while now, and they havnt looked any different till about 2 days ago, i saw them a bit bigger and i dont know what it could be. the have spread a bit to the the skin area of my penis that covers the head and iam scared. i havnt had protected sex with my girl friend, but i no that cant be it. because i had it b-4 i met her. but  now the look different and i need some answers b-4 i go insane!!!!!!
I actually notice the same thing after sex with my girlfriend. I get red irration spots on the tip of my penis sometimes, they usually go away after a couple days. I sometimes wondered if it was due to her PH level or just friction irrations. I wouldnt worry though.
First of all, thank you doctor Rockoff for your response.
I saw a dermatologist who indicated that the spots looked to have been a very slight case of balanitis.  He indicated this because of the fact that it came on right after having sex (next day) and it went away within 1-2 days of applying "hyhrcortizone 1%/Iodoquimol 1%" cream which he prescribed.
Let me just say... I waited way to long to see a dermatologist... I was going nuts and after seeing him, it definatly calmed my mind.  For more on Balanitis, see: http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/v2/PDF/patientleaflets/Dermatology/LARGE/Balanitis.pdf
Or do a search on google for 'dermatology balanitis'.

good luck guys....
Pluto123
I'm a 36 year old black man and I just wanted some advice about the other night. I had sex with my wife and noticed red bumps around the rim of my penis head, immediately afterward. I read some of your suggestions to others about 1% hydrocortisine and used it. They starting going away before the the night was over.  It seems to be healing.I also have a dry patch on my shaft and used it there too, with the same result. I was just wondering is it a rash or is it something else.

One more thing, I have a tingling feeling after I jack-off for a couple of days and then it goes away. I have went to see a physician before and they always take a culture with no STD found. They give me doxcycline to help just in case. I have no discharge or unpleasant smell either. I'm wondering am I damaging myself when I jack-off. There is also no pain when I urinate , just a slight tingling on the pain level of 1 out of 10 scale, just enough to know its not normal. I used to do it all the time since , I was young and never had this problem before, please help.

P. S. My wife and I are monogamas(msp)

scared227

P. S. My wife and I are monogamas(msp)

scared227

P. S. My wife and I are monogamas(msp)

scared227

P. S. My wife and I are monogamas(msp)

scared227

P. S. My wife and I are monogamas(msp)

scared227

P. S. My wife and I are monogamas(msp)

scared227

P. S. My wife and I are monogamas(msp)

scared227
A related discussion, i have some little red bumps on penis was started.
OK clearly I'm not the only person going thru this I've been tested so many times nd when I ask about the bumpy dry rash the docs tell its nothing I know this is not normal. This showed up like 5years ago nd its has got bigger nd spreaded around my penis. Really need help nd advice.  Wen I have sex with my woman nd I'm not going to lie I do be going hard but after wards my penis do ack. I do like to masterbate a lot could it be from that?
I need help i am a 16 year old male and i had unprotected sex with my friend and 2 days later i found that my penis was itchy and also found loads of little white lumps on the head of my penis and i want to know is it an infection