Dermatology Expert Forum
Gray Skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Gray Skin

On my buttocks there is a line of grayish skin circling the cheeks.  It seems to be where skin touches skin.  I wash religiously so it isn't a hygiene problem.  I don't think so at least.  It doesn't itch or cause me any discomfort.  I haven't had sex with anyone.  More than anything it is a cosmetic problem as it is rather unsightly.  I'd really like to know what causes it and what I can do to change it.
The only diagnosis I can think of is fungus, which can look like what you describe.  This has nothing to do with dirt, as you say.  Try oral clotrimazole 1% (over the counter) and make an appointment with a doctor in case it doesn't go away.  There are lots of prescription-strength creams which should take care of it.

Best.  

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, Excessive oil and blackened skin blotches was started.
Avatar n tn