Green area around stitching
I got treated at an ER 3 days ago for a stab wound to my hand.  I received 7 stitches and a prescription of 800mg of IBU Proffen and was sent on my way.  I noticed today that the area directly around the stitching is pink (normal) but then the area around that is green tinted.  (and  its a pretty big area) It even goes up my fingers a half inch.  Is this normal bruising or something far more serious?

Thank you.
The color changes of a bruise vary from black, blue, green to yellow depending on the various stages of healing. If there is any redness, warmth, pain, pus discharge or fever then any infection should be thought of. You can ask your doctor to prescribe you a prophylactic antibiotic.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.