Grey discoloration on Face
My skin is fair with freckles. Recently, I've developed a condition in which light grey patches appear on my cheeks. The patches look like a clustering of grey specks when you look up close, but from far away seems like my skin has a grey hue. I guess I'm wondering what the cause may be and what the course of action should be for treating it? I'm not sure if I should be immediately concerned or if I should make changes to my skin care rountine?
It can be due to hyperpigmentation or melasma. Melasma is caused by hormonal changes, which stimulate a temporary increase in your body's production of melanin. People with darker complexions are more prone to this condition than people with lighter skin.

Treatment options include treatment with vitamin C and hydrocortisone, peel with carbon dioxide snow and alexandrite and ND-Yag Q-Switched laser treatment preceded by a hydroquinone-based application. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.