Groin Rash smelly

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Groin Rash smelly

I noticed a rash around my groin. It doesn't have any kind of bumps or anything, but it looks like a spot. Almost smoothish.

It is slightly paler than my skin. When I touch it is kind of feels like its burning. Other times, it itches. Also, I noticed some kind of smell around me. I never knew what it was, but now when I rubbed the rash, and smelled my finger, it smells tremendously gross.

Any idea on the cause, the cure, and how to avoid in future? Thanks!
From the symptoms it looks like fungal infection or tinea cruris. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying, not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins. The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwear and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.