Groin Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Groin Rash

I have a rash on both sides of my groin.  It is in the crease between my genitals.  It goes from the start of the seperation of my leg and groin and goes down to below my testicles.  It is light red on both sides and produces a distinctly bad odor.  It does not ever itch.  It feels slick and appears moist most of the time.  I have also had pain in my thighs and what appear to be inflamed lymph nodes in the groin (but I'm not sure).  I have had these symptoms for about 5 months.  The rash is sometimes more inflamed on one side than the other but it has not gone away and I can always see it down there.  It started as multiple paper cut looking things that then morphed into this larger line.  I also get intermittent testicle pain that is sometimes very annoying.  No stinging or anything during urination or ejaculation.  I posted in the std section and they didn't seem to think it resembled an std.  I used some lotrimin at one point but that did not help at all and the rash is still there.  Any thoughts?? Thank you in advance for your time.
Any thoughts?
It looks like fungal infection causing intertrigo. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment. Also wear cotton underwear and keep the skin as dry as possible.

You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.