Groin Rash
I have had a rash in my groin for about 3 to 4 weeks now.  I am an avid cyclist, and when I ride, I sweat a lot and there is certainly some rubbing in my groin area.  The rash started only on the right side, and in the last 2 days has moved to the left side, also.  It is red and itchy, and sometimes there are small pustules.  I thought it was jock itch and tried Tinactin, then Lotrimin, and then Lamisil.  Nothing seemed to help much except for the Lamisil; however, after 3 days, the Lamisil seemed to be making it worse.  I then began showering with anti-bacterial soap, and this seemed to improve the situation, but only moderately.  I've barely been able to cycle for the past 4 weeks.  Has anyone had something like this?  It's driving me crazy (the rash and not being able to ride).  I am finally seeing a dermatologist next week.
The description of the rash does sound like jock's itch, however since it has not responded to the anti-funagal drugs then you should consider the possibility of skin chafing caused by your hobby.

Chafing is a continuous rubbing of the skin that causes redness or soreness, often from walking, running, bicycling or other activities. Areas prone to chafing include the thighs, groin, underarms, nipples and buttocks.

Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin . As the friction occurs, the top layers of skin can be rubbed away, exposing the raw and more sensitive skin below. Chafing often results in a stinging or burning sensation at the point of irritation.

Moisture and sweat can cause the amount of friction and chafing to increase. If sweat is allowed to dry on the skin, the salt crystals left behind can cause even more friction, increasing the amount of damage and abrasion to skin cells.

Chafed skin should be washed with soap and cool-to-lukewarm water. An antiseptic solution should be applied to the site especially on the pustules which are pockets of bacterial infection.

ref:http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/skin-related-infections
Thanks very much for your input.
I have the same issue but curious how to prevent. Is there something stronger than the antifungul.....curious more how the rider made out and if he is riding again.....this is a tough topic that not many discuss....I have been off my bike for a while now and I hate it....dont want to spend tons of money on new bike shorts, bike seat,etc....I did use bodyglide but that seemed to make it worse as it really kept that area too moist...

Help....