Growing scar like blemishes on inner thighs...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have been noticing a slow growing scar like blemish on my inner thigh starting near my testicle and extending up onto my inner thigh. This mark is only about 1/4 wide and does not hurt or itch, just looks odd. I can feel an indent in the skin where the scar like belmmish is too. I do not know what it is. I have noticed that the same thing is starting to form on the other side also. I saw an add where a male about my age asked the same question and the doctor said it could have been from injury or something. Last year i jumped off of a houseboat and got a hematoma on my left testicle that healed itself over time and had it looked at by a urologist. Could these growing scar like marks be from that? Is what i have explained tied to any STD syptoms (symptoms)? please let meknow what you think this might be.

thanks

This discussion is related to Random scars appearing on my inner thigh.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This scar like blemish you have mentioned ,is this reddish, bluish or of the color of the skin?

I do not think this is associated with the testicular hematoma. If the area where the scar is present have been manipulated, then this may be secondary to some intervention.But I think, this is not the case with you.

At this point. I am thinking of stretch marks. With the way you describe it, the lesion appears atypical. I can not think of this as a dermatitis or eczema as this does not present wih itchiness.

Is there any redness or swelling in the area?

Have you been scratching the area ?

It can be a bit more red than my skin color but where is started it has changed back to my normal color but you can still feel the slight indentation. I never itch it and there is absolutely no pain or rash.
It seems to resemble a strecth mark but why would it appear? i have never been over weight and i am only 23...so no pain no ichyness, no nothing. It just looks concerning and slowly extends itself. it really bothers me and i want to know what it is and how to make it go away. The same thing is beginning to happen on the other side also. With your questions answered and this said, is there anything else that this could be tide too?

i apprecaite your response.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I suggest that at this point you have this assessed by your primary physician. This may not be something urgent with the absence of pain or tenderness.

How is the hematoma? Has this subsided?

As you have mentioned about this skin mark extending ,I am beginning to think that the previous injury may be associated with this. A cellulitis, a hyperkeratotic condition (thickening of the skin) and dermatitis (nonexcoriating type) may be differentials. A scrotal ultrasound and a skin biopsy may be done for a more definite diagnosis.
I also have the slight darkened line on my inner left thigh that has a slight indent it feels almost like scar tissue I'm only 15 im 6'2" 175 lbs and have never been obese so i dont think it is a stretch mark, i cant remember when i first noticed it but, it has gotten bigger there is also one starting to appear on my right inner thigh i have read two different topics on the subject both are early 20 males with a dark "growing" line on there inner thighs near thier scrotum, and both medical professionals gave the same awnser see your physician, well im only 15 so i cant just go see my physcian my dad has to take me which means he has to miss work or take time out of his weekend and i dont want to waste his time or mine for that matter i just need to know if there is any medical reason that could cause them? and is it any threat to my health?
I have an indent on my left thigh. 3 of them actually.
And I'm starting to see some appear on my right thigh, just not as big.
I'm only 15;;5'4;;and weigh 95 pounds.
I noticed it maybe four months ago. Didn't think much about it. I thought they were just indents from something then I realized that they wouldn't go away. Sometimes the indents turn red and I don't know why. They don't hurt or anything. They're just there and change red then turn to my normal skin color, but just a little bit darker.
I honestly don't know what these could be from.
Can you help me out?
Hi, I'm a fifteen year old girl and just about maybe 6 months ago I started noticing stretch marks on my inner thighs and below my butt. they're dark purple and seem to be growing. They indent too and are almost identical on both of my thighs. They're extremely noticeable. im in shape and only weigh about 110 pounds. and i havent been rapidly gaining weight. i have no idea where they came from, ive never heard anything like this. im trying to get rid of them by using cocoa butter but im not sure if itll work. im afraid theyll scar and i just want to get rid of them as soon as possible. any suggestions or ideas of what caused them?
I have the same problem as the people above: a growing scar with a slight indentation on my inner thigh. I'm a 19 year old male. Any help would be greatly appreciated!