HELP!! RED BURNING FACE

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

HELP!! RED BURNING FACE

I have been diagnosed with Keratosis Pilaris. I have has this for many years on my upper arms but I didn't really care. I am 23 now and it has spread to my face. It is symetrical on both sides of my face with red blotches on my cheeks and near my temples. My face constantly burns and I am very self consious about the redness. I have been proscribed Protopic for my face but it seems to make my face burn more than usual. My face isnt super red like pictures ive seen its kinda purple red but it still really bothers me. The burning bothers me the most. Do you have any answers? Would lasers help my condition and should I stop using the Protopic cream?
Avatar n tn
My entire face went red and vanished away after I ate something.  Was it the something that I ate or leaving the area where it happened that caused the redness to go away?