HELP!! Terrible open sores and blisters on a 5 year old

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

4708142?1248821912
I'm going to add a picture of my 5 year old Grandson's legs. He gets terrible rashes, then turns to blisters, then pops, leaks and then they turn into open wounds. It happens everywhere on his body not just his legs, this has been happening for a very long time, they checked the fluid in one of the blisters and said there was no bacteria, but, no answers on what this is or what's going on, it's awful !! He is beginning to show large scars all over, they look like cigarette burns, anyone know what's going on? (They are not bug bites)
I understand your concern and the pain that the little child has to go through.From the symptoms and pictures it looks like erythema nodosum. It results in reddish, painful, tender lumps most commonly located in the front of the legs below the knees.

Diagnosis is by physical examination and biopsy of the lesion.Other lab investigations like complete blood count, ESR,ASO titer, urinalysis, throat culture, intradermal tuberculin test, and chest x-ray may also be done.I would suggest you to discuss this possibility with a pediatric dermatologist.The other possibility that needs to be evaluated is pyoderma gangrenosum. Pyoderma gangrenosum is a disease that causes tissue to become necrotic, causing deep ulcers that usually occur on the legs.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your grandson is doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

hi my 5 just turned 6 year old have come up with a rash months ago they said it was scabbies we treated her 3 times no result we got given steroid creams not worked we are on antibotics and she is still blistering so i searched and found you it is so sore for them and painful and she is scareing bad im at a loss aswell ive token on what the other member said and going to aproach my doctor mon with it and ask to be refered it cant go on there has to be a cure
I have been battling with these sores for about 5 years. Was originally diagnosed as Phemphgus. I have just been re diagnosed with pyoderma gangrenosum. I was on cortisone for about 4 years. Last year july almost died with some sort of infecion (infection) in my lungs. I am happy to say much better now am off cortisone. I have been put on Dapsone which seems to have this terrible disease under control. I wanted to know if this medication is safer than the cortisone