HELP!! itchy butt crack and cracked skin!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hello all. i'm in need of some help and i'm a bit worried about this. ok, i've been suffering from an itchy butt crack/anus area for some time now. usually if i put something down there, like lanacaine or gold bond anti itch, it will usually calm down. so i got the urge to itch last night and i was able to get in front of a mirror and look at my butt crack. what i saw stunned me!! my anus looks normal but the skin above my anus and below the top of my butt crack is cracked and a white color!! what can i do? i don't think its an STD(i've get checked once a year, regardless). i've been reading some stuff about yeast infection of the butt crack for men. if so, what does that look like? can can i try to get rid of it? can you use like an anti fungal cream on it, like the stuff for atheletes foot? thanks for helping me out. i appreciate it!!
could it be eczema or psoriasis of the butt crack as well? if so, what can i use? i've tired antibotics, powders...... everythign!!
Hi!

Hopefully I have some information to help you.  It sounds like an overgrowth of yeast in your body.  Yeast infections do appear in men too because we all have yeast in our bodies  When your skin is irritated on the outside and you use topical ointments for relief, then it comes back, it is your body trying to tell you that it's imbalanced.  There is relief for you.  Go to the health food store and buy these things; Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Oatmeal lotion, and "refrigerated" Acidophilus.  I will explain why.  The Coconut Oil will help fight the infiction on the outside.  The Oatmeal lotion will provide a great deal of non-medicated relief.  And the acidophilus will put good bacteria back into your digestive tract to get you balanced again.  Then make sure you try as much as possible to stay away from sugar, bread, pastas, anything of that sort that will just feed the yeast in your body.  Yeast thrives on those things, causing imbalances.  It sounds funny, but you can also apply a small amount of "PLAIN" yogurt to the infected area.  It also contains those good bacteria that can help fight it from the outside.  But the most important thing to keep in mind is to be sure to fight from the inside and out.  Otherwise, it will just keep coming back.
Canesten creme should help for monilial intertrigo.
could you contact me, i have a similar problem and i want to know if theres anything you've done to make it go away

thank you!
If the itching is intense and sometimes wakes you up at night you most likely have a pinworm infection.  I had this for years and did not know it.  Go to Walgreens and get some pinworm medication.  It's over-the-counter and simple to use.  You just drink a small dose and that's it.  It cured me.  Also, rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or toilet paper is great to use to stop itching but after a while you won't even need that because you will have cured the worms.
i know that this response is a bit late, but i recently went to the doctors and was told that i have parasites in my intestines. perhaps a trip to the doctors office is in order.
Hi all,

I have just been to the doctors with the red itchy symptoms, and it was confirmed I had a yeast/fungus infection (as described above) which is a common problem with men.

I have been prescribed Kenacomb, which i'm told will get rid of the redness in 48 hours & everything should be cleared up in 10 days.

Hope that helps if anyone else has the problem.
What I did was take a multi vitamin, and waited for an hour, and it worked. you might be down in vitamins, so try boosting your levels.
I have itchy butt I ich so much and hard it starts to sting I have tried A and D ointment hemroidal cream and desitin an they burn me bad the only thing that calms it down is hot water what'd I do
Are any of you using bathroom wipes instead of toilet paper or something else with the chemical methylisothiazolinone???  I fought with this for over a year, my doctor kept prescribing creams and antifungal treatments and none of them worked.  Until I figured out it was the wet flushable wipes (in my case cottonelle) I was using and having an allergic reaction to them. Funny enough the worse the rash got the more I used the wipes and it was only exasperating the problem.  Its improved greatly since stopping but not its not back to normal prior to use of them. This chemical should be banned!!!!! Children are even getting the itchy cracking rash on their faces from moms using wipes on the kids faces that cause the reaction.
I used Cottonelle for awhile and recently started having this issue. So what did you use to ease the symptoms? Once I stop using them, how long till the itching/rash goes away? Thanks for mentioning this, you've saved me a lot of money.