HELP!Dark spot and area on my neck!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

HELP!Dark spot and area on my neck!

The area on my neck seems to be really dark and I have a Dark spot on the upper left side of my neck.It's been this way for about 3 months and doesn't seem to go away.The dark area on my neck was REALLY dry before i started putting healing ointment on it.That seemed to stop the dryness but the area on my neck is still dark.Anyone whats on my neck and how I can get it to go away?My whole neck is dark as you can see in the pictures and you can see the really darkspot on my neck too on the left side.

http://i42.tinypic.com/mahruv.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/fedxc7.jpg
my daug\hter is 11yrs old & has dark color around her neck. i have tryed sopa &water,biooil,& skin fade cream. is there anything i can use to help her out?
FRrom the symptoms it can be hyperpigmentation skin or acanthosis nigricans. It presents as symmetrical, hyperpigmented, velvety plaques mostly in the folds of skin. It is not itchy and is characterized by hyperpigmentation. My sincere advice is to consult a dermatologist. Biopsy skin may be done to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.