HPV face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

HPV face

Hi, I'm worried about possible warts on my face. I think i see them appearing but am unsure. If they are warts, how long does it take for the hpv virus to grow to its full size? What do you recommend?
Tags: HPV, face, virus, Warts
First of all, the diagnosis of warts need to be confirmed. For small warts, several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts.Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.

In my opinion you should talk to a cosmetologist/dermatologist about this and get these warts evaluated as all these treatments may cause scarring.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I'd like to shed somemore light onto why I think its HPV/warts and add some symptoms. I woke up one morning and the right side cheek of my face was red(nothing alarming but def. erythematous) I also noticed it was a little dry and flaky. Lastly, in that area, my cheek seemed to be caved in as if it was reacting to the irritation, it has remained like that ever since. I noticed some flat bumps in that area, throughout the subsequent days in class, It was oddly irritating/warm/painful. Now if i look closley they became very dull brown, I did try popping one or two and some liquid came out but that may have been from surrounding clogged pores(not too sure). What is the typical presentation of facial warts?
Facial warts can be either flat which is a small, smooth flattened wart, flesh-coloured or a Filiform or digitate wart which is like a thread- or finger-like wart. You need t get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers