Dermatology Expert Forum
HSV-1 and encephalitis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

HSV-1 and encephalitis

i got HSV-1 ORAL 4 months ago then i read somthing in the internet and i can't avoid thinking of it please doctor i have 5 questions about it .Does HSV-1  can cause encephalitis???what is the risk of  encephalitis how much that happen??How can i avoide that?? is there any  vaccine  to prevent encephalitis???
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Yes, it does, but it's so rare as not to be worth thinking about.  Consider the millions of people with ordinary cold sores--that's HSV-1.  It's annoying, not life-threatening.  Encephalitis, when it occurs, happens in sick newborns and other contexts not related to you.  There is no vaccine for this.  I assume you re asking because you have HSV-1, but this is not worth worrying about.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank