Had Insect bites for almost a year

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Had Insect bites for almost a year

I have had insect bites for almost a year now that will not go away. Last July I was in Australia for 2 weeks with the US Army and we were living in the bush. I received multiple insect bites on my legs and also had a large tick on my upper thigh. The bites did not go away for weeks and continues to get worse. They are very itchy and a mostly red bumps. A couple months later I started getting more bumps on other parts of my body including my back and arms and thighs. They would come and then go in cycles but the original ones are still there. Some would get bigger than others and then go down to a very small bump then swell up again. It definitely gets worse in the heat. I was prescribed antibiotics in the beginning and scabies have been ruled out with a biopsy. I used the steroid cream Fluocinonide which helped the itching but not much else. Then I was prescribed the stronger steroid cream Clobetasol which helped at first and they seemed to start to go away but then they flared back up again. The latest thing my dermatologist prescribed me was the antibiotic doxycylyne which I have been on for 8 weeks now and there has been no difference. I feel like my dermatologist at the VA has no idea what it is and just keeps giving me things to see if they work. He also took two biopsies from my back and now I have to giant quarter size scars and nothing was learned from it. I am getting desperate. Any help would be appreciated.