Dermatology Expert Forum
Had milia removed and now have scarring.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Had milia removed and now have scarring.

I had milia removed from my face three months ago by a dermatologist. She used an electric needle and then very vigorously scaped and raked my face with some type of instrument. The scraping surprised me as it seemed to be very rough treatment for facial skin. The scabs and scratches lasted for months. Most of the milia are still there and I also have some shallow, pitted scarred areas and one scar that looks like a cut. The dermatologist says that scarring never happens during this procedure(although it did this time) but also said that the cut could have been from the currette. She advises against trying to remove the rest of the milia as I might end up with more scars. Was the proper procedure followed and is there anything I can do about the scars I now have? Thank you.