Hair Dandruff related enlargement of lymph node of back neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dear Doctor,

I am 20 years old girl. I am suffering from Hair Dandruff  (since 1 year),   related enlargement of lymph node of back neck, due to that i am suffering intense headache. Kindly refer my problem and tell me the solution as soon as possible
Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism). In your case if the lymph nodes are swollen then dandruff alone cannot cause it and it is caused by fungal infection which can predispose to dandruff. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get FNAC of the swollen lymph node done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hello doctor,I am a 21 year old boy.I have suddenly noticed enlargement of 2 neck lymph nodes.one is left upper jugular and another is at midway of the posterior triangle of right side.lymph nodes are only palpable and not visible over the skin.the size is almost 1 cm in diameter.doctor advised me for an FNAC and some blood tests.the report of FNAC is REACTIVE HYPERPLASIA.and blood tests revealed normal LDH level and normal ESR(2 at the end of first hour)but elevated lymphocyte count(DC is 49%) .other parameters are within normal range.I am absolutely normal.I have no history of fever,weight loss,cough,coryza,itching,night sweat,fatigue etc.the lymph nodes are not increasing in size over last 2 months .shall I become comfirmed that it is not a LYMPHOMA?please reply.