Hair Follicle bumps on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hair Follicle bumps on penis

Hi, I'm 16 years old and a guy. my problem i that i have small bumps on the the lower shaft and scrotum of my genitals. I went to the doctor and he said that every guy has them and they are normal. But i was wondering if there is any way that i can get them to go away. Its embarrassing and i would really apreciate it if someone had any advice for me or a way to get rid of them.

This discussion is related to hair follicle on penis.
Well the bumps hat you have noticed are called Fordyce spots. They are small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They are non-infectious and a natural occurrence on the body.

They should be got removed only for cosmetic reasons as they are normally found on the penis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have the same problem, and people always tell you "there's  nothng to be concerned about, or ask your doctor". The truth is that nobody has any idea how to handle the problem. This leades to desperate measures, and you fall in the hands of the frauds. i've always tried to not bother, and got aprouch, i got confidend, but it was because i've avoided having sex. There is time that you can't control the urge of normal biological insticts. But the social tab is making you feel not in place. I don't want to go against nature, but i want to stop being selfsocialy isolated. I have plans for the world!!!