Dermatology Community
Hair Loss (Cortisone Shots)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hair Loss (Cortisone Shots)

I have lupus and had hair loss earlier this year.  My PCP gave me cortisone shots on my scalp and within 3 weeks the affected area was indented and extremely red.  My hair has yet to grow back and now I have been told by a dermatologist that I have skin atrophy and I probably will never have hair in this area again.  I am extremely depressed about this because it is right on my part line and very difficult to hide.  I am wondering if there is anything I can do to stimulate hair growth.  Would Rogaine work?  I am desperate for ideas as I can only pull my hair back so many ways to hide my baldness and indentation.  HELP!
Tags: hair loss
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
The indentations caused by cortisone shots may have damaged the hair follicles so any topical treatment like with Rogaine will not be useful . In such cases, hair transplantation has given good results. You can talk to your dermatologist about the various pros and cons of this procedure. it is associated with a number of side effects like headaches due to the tugging and manipulation of the scalp area during the hair transplants procedure,bleeding, numbness or scalp, tenderness, temporary thinning of pre-existing hair, swelling usually around the forehead and the eye area and itchy scalp. So it will be best to discuss this with your dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...