Hair Loss (Cortisone Shots)
I have lupus and had hair loss earlier this year.  My PCP gave me cortisone shots on my scalp and within 3 weeks the affected area was indented and extremely red.  My hair has yet to grow back and now I have been told by a dermatologist that I have skin atrophy and I probably will never have hair in this area again.  I am extremely depressed about this because it is right on my part line and very difficult to hide.  I am wondering if there is anything I can do to stimulate hair growth.  Would Rogaine work?  I am desperate for ideas as I can only pull my hair back so many ways to hide my baldness and indentation.  HELP!
The indentations caused by cortisone shots may have damaged the hair follicles so any topical treatment like with Rogaine will not be useful . In such cases, hair transplantation has given good results. You can talk to your dermatologist about the various pros and cons of this procedure. it is associated with a number of side effects like headaches due to the tugging and manipulation of the scalp area during the hair transplants procedure,bleeding, numbness or scalp, tenderness, temporary thinning of pre-existing hair, swelling usually around the forehead and the eye area and itchy scalp. So it will be best to discuss this with your dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.