Hair follicle infection

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hair follicle infection

I have been suffering from repeated infections of the hair follicles on my chin for about 2 years now (i have a beard that i keep trimmed fairly short).  The outbreaks are always on my chin and are small white pustules that are painful and sometimes form into larger lumps that last for several weeks and become very painful.  I have noticed a pattern that these outbreaks seem to occur about 24 hours after performing oral sex on my girlfriend.  The outbreaks do not happen every time i perform oral sex, however every outbreak seems to be linked to sexual activity.  I have been to my general practicioner as well as a dermatologist multiple times and mentioned the fact that these outbreaks seem to be linked to sexual activity.  They thought this was probably a coincidence and believe it is a case of foliculitus related to irritation of the hair follicle (my girlfriend and i both tested negative for staph).  My girlfriend has also been to the gynecologist and did test positive for a strep infection, which she was treated for.  Is it possible that these infections are just the result of the hair follicles being irritated from the sexual activity, or could there some kind of bacterial infection we are passing back and forth like strep?  Thanks for any help you can provide.
Tags: irritable
hey, My daughter has had "folliculitus (folliculitis)" diagnosis, and they only give her antibiotics....  the last time, another doctor said, 'she has had too much antibiotics... build her imune system...'  

This is what I had suspected from the beginning... (her immune sys is weak)  I think it's some kind of yeast infection...  The doctors say bacterial, but not quite staph...  Some research shows that most doctors can't give anyone a good reason or remedies...  

She has it on her scalp....  she picks all the time... it's become a habit (i think) and it has definitely undermined her confidence.  She is strong, young, but I believe that inside, her system is a festering...  

So, I said all of that to tell you what we're trying to do... which is hard, because it's re-training, and can be expensive, and the whole household is effected... that is to change her whole diet...

This is to "kill" the yeast... Candida...  and it may take time, but I whole heartedly believe that no SUGAR, WHEAT, CAFFEINE, MILK PRODUCTS... to start, will help... it's like a cleanse, initially, but a change in diet for life will esstablish her system...

Let me know if that what you look into it, if it helps,

Aloha from Maui