Hair follicles on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hair follicles on penis

For a fair while now I've had what I believe to be hair follicles on my penis and testicles, not jus near the base but also going all the way onto my foreskin, most of the bumps have a hair growing from it, and before I wasn't to worried; but now I'm starting to worry if they will stop as they are very unsightly; like goose bumps in actual fact and dont irritate or cause discomfort. Is there any treatment that can stop these? They seem very noticeable and can feel them very easily, and if they didn't stop and covered my entire penis?...
I'm 17 and havent had sex yet, so I'm fairly certain its not an STI or anything as they do all have hairs, and I'm slightly nervous/shy to go to the doctor about them... so any advice here?
There not an STI if you havent had sex yet...They are normal I have them all over my penis, the only reason they show on your penis is because your penis skin is very thin.
Your all normal nothing to worry over
It can be due to folliculitis or Fordyce spots. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case. Also then get the other possibility of Fordyce spots ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Went to the Doctor and got it checked out (sorry took so long, had to get up the nerve and then computer crashed so i lost this website)  and he simply said its all ok and nothing to worry about, just hair follicles and nothing wrong with them... and didnt seemed concerned that they were on the shaft and foreskin... so im guessing all good.

He also said looks wise, its just normal and shouldn't get worried about it... but is there anything you can suggest for cutting down the hairs eg hair removal cream (is it ok or safe to use it on your penis or any other way... waxing etc...)

And finally are there any permanent hair removal options eg surgery etc and possible costs...?

Thanks for the support by the way, much appreciated.
There are many methods of hair removal like waxing, electrolysis, laser treatment also. However, the best method of painless hair removal on penis is by laser treatment. I would advise you to consult a dermatologist/cosmetologist and discuss this option with him.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.