Hair loss and Vitamin D
Hi, has anyone heard of very low Vitamin D levels causing hair loss?  Due to muscle pain I've been having for several months, I was tested for Vitamin D, and my doctor said my levels are very low - 10.1 on the hydroxy 25 test (I believe that's what it's called?).  My hair has become very noticeably thinner over the past 5 months and I have no new hair growing in.  I have found articles on the web regarding Vitamin D deficiency and hair loss, but not on any of the medical websites like WebMd or Mayo clinic, etc.  I have also read in many sources that mega doses of Vitamin D are needed to bring up such a low level, but my doctor has only put me on 1000 IU and told me to come back in 3 months.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  (I also have been under a lot of stress trying to get other symptoms diagnosed, so maybe it's stress related?)

Thank you much.
my husband had a physical and his vitamin D level was at 29 -- so the doc put him on 1000 vit. D a day..... He didn't realize that my husband was already taking 1000  a day !  I put vitamins out for my family and they just take them every morning.... Well I think that is weird that they only prescribed him 1000 a day if he is low.  I have a friend who is low, too and they prescribed a huge megadose once a week and she is to do this for 8 weeks and have hers checked after that.   I don't know anything about hair loss, but my husbands is kind of thin -- but he is 52.  I hope it fills in because of vitamin D !   He would like that.