Hair loss due to weak hair roots causing baldness

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dear Sir,
Im a 24 year old girl. I had been suffering from hair loss since past 8 years. My scalp is clearly visible when I comb or oil my hair. My hairs, now, are very thin, weak rooted and falling out continuously. I dont have dandruff that falls on shoulders rather whenever I scrap my scalp some white flakes or scales come in my nails. My hairs dont break from the shaft, they break with the root, indicating weak roots. My hair fall increases to a very high extent while I am under stress or tension. I have applied and taken different medicines and oils but none suited me. Would you please email me the answer? Kindly HELP ME !

Regards,
Worried.
Im 23 and i have the same problem, my hair is starting to turn brittle as well. Ive tried to eat oiler foods as well, such as coconut oils, omega 3 and avacados it seemed to work at fist but its not back to being very dry. Ive been to doctors and they say its a generic problem but hair lose does not run in my family..
Hair fall is a physiological phenomenon due to the natural course of life of a hair. A hair falls after it has grown up and entered the later part of its growth (called the telogen phase). As different hairs in the body are in different phases of their growths at a given time, few of then fall daily a normal routine. Sometimes, more hairs enter into the telogen phase at the same time and fall with obvious note by the person.

At other times, it may be due hair disorder or some other underlying disease. So, the causes for excessive hair fall may be physiological or pathological and include hormonal changes, fungal infection, physical effects (traction, heat, chemicals), psychological & stress-related reasons, thyroid disorders, iron deficiency anemia, excessive intake of Vitamin A, hereditary reasons etc. I suggest you to take opinion of a Dermatologist who will do a methodical medical check-up and advice accordingly.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.