Hair thinning from anti-dandruff shampoo
Hello doctor. For the past month or so I have been using an anti-dandruff shampoo named "Triatop". It's main ingredient is "Ketoconazole". I've use it twice a week. Since I have noticed that my hair has thinned out a bit. Since this discovery I haev stopped use. My main question and concern is if the hair loss is permanent or if my hair will grow back again? I am 22 years old. What is your opinion on this and is there any action I should take? Thank you for your time.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to contact dermatitis or allergic reaction to the shampoo. Other causes are stress, fungal infections, alopecia aereata, hormonal imbalance(overproduction of dihydrotestosterone and thyroid hormones irregularities),malnutrition, telogen effluvium and sebum plugs on skin.

My sincere advice is to consult a trichologist and get these possibilities ruled out. In the meantime take care of your diet and eat a healthy nutritious diet.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Yes as Dr Bhupinder Kaur told, its better to consult a specialist. Since mine was a fungal infection, triatop shampoo worked for me.