Hairs and dark spots on Nose.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hairs and dark spots on Nose.

For as far as I can remember I have had black pitted areas all over my nose, looking like a stawberry..

I thought these were blackheads, but have used the pore strips, plus blackhead treatment, and its still the same.

I also have black/dark small individual hairs growing 'on' my nose proturding, which is a bit embarrasing!

I must have large pores, but how can i stop the hair, and the little black pitted dots (which close up dont look like blackheads)? - my nose feels smooth but just looks spotted!

Please help as ive also been given Panogel (i think for acne) by my GP and that was no help either!

I have now moved onto Paula's Choice 1% beta hydroxy, as i've heard this is a wonder solution, but anyone got any other tips or health advice?
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Does anyone have any other ideas on large pores and potential blackheads on nose? (im not sure it is these tbh but any advice grateful)

I did try a sample of Paula's Choice for a few days, prob not long enough i know, but nothing happened?

Maybe I should get  a full bottle of this and bite the bullet?

Is there such a solution out there that would reduce pores on nose, instead of me trying all the 'blackhead' removers? This maybe a better choice as after using exfoliating scrubs on nose/face and pore strips, nothing seems to be coming off, thinking that maybe these aren't BH's but its the impression of open pores and the 'pitted nose' look that is my problem

Anyone recommend anything for this?

Thanks x
Blackhead is a blackish bump or plug on the skin and is a type of acne vulgaris. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct.

Cleanse the area thoroughly and apply a good mild exfoliating scrub on that. Apply a medicated cream or gel containing resorcinol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. This helps is soaking the oil and helps in peeling away the blackheads. If benzoyl peroxide leaves your skin dry, apply an oil-free moisturizer after 10 mins of applying benzoyl peroxide. Large pores of skin can be easily dealt with proper cleansing and frequent toning and moisturizing of the skin. Other treatments to consider include microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing lasers and chemical skin peels.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thank you

I have gone ahead and ordered the Paulas Choice 2% BHA lotion which is supposed to be great for blackheads, pores and blemishes, so will see how this goes..

Hopefully this should do the trick,.
As an update to this, would plucking hair from inside the nose, actually affect the outside and create pores??

I just had this thought and wondered if in any way it was linked? I have just bought a specialist trimmer, so plucking nose hair should be a thing of the past!!

Is this stupid or would plucking nasal hair affect the outside of the nose?
Nose and the nasal septum is composed of thick cartilage and the pores of skin inside and outside the nose are different. Hence plucking hair inside the nose will not cause any ingrown hair or blackheads outside the nose.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I have been using the Paula's Choice 2% BHA to try and clean and "close up" my nose pores and hopefully stop the small black hairs growing from the top of my nose?!?

I do use an exfoliant to scrub my nose, which does clean it (and it ALWAYS feels smooth) even though it looks like a strawberry a little!

I am a little worried that trying to efoliate that my nose does go red and seems red the next day? Will this cause Rosacea in the long run?

Any other natural tips to close or get rid of the nose pores and the redness?

Thank you in advance.