Hairy nevus
How do I help my husband deal with the laughs and stares? This birth mark isn't his fault, but there are those people whom are ignorant to the fact it may be a birthmark. I'm really not sure what to tell him to do"? Is it too late to be operated on? Thanks so much for your help!

This discussion is related to grandbaby born with black hairy nevus on half of her face.

How old is your husband?

I now this may be difficult and uncomfortable for him. Has this been present since he was a child? I suggest that he be evaluated by a dermatologist or a cosmetic surgeon. The size and location of the nevus may influence the type of management and procedure that will be involved. Larger ones may need surgical removal in stages and tissue grafts may be used. This may be something you want to discuss with your doctor. Also, you may ask your doctor the consequences of not having this removed.

Has this skin condition been diagnosed by a physician to be a hairy nevus?